Company Information

The Iowa Portland Cement Company was formed and a plant was built in 1910. The plant was purchased by The Monarch Cement Company, Humboldt, KS, in 1979.

The Des Moines plant operated two kilns and was a wet process plant. After the producing plant was shut down in December of 1985, it became a clinker grinding facility. Clinker from the Humboldt plant was trucked in open top trailers to Des Moines for grinding into finish cement.



On January 1, 2000, the Des Moines terminal became Monarch Cement of Iowa, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Monarch Cement Company.


MONARCH CEMENT OF IOWA, INC.
5200 PARK AVENUE
DES MOINES, IOWA 50321-1229
515-243-8176
Copyright ©2015 by Monarch Cement of Iowa, Inc.